Collaborative Learning | Adoption Level | Language Arts
- Students will use online reference to define vocabulary words
- Students will digitally create a document which includes text and visuals arranged in a specific manner.
- Students will attach meanings of vocabulary words through visuals as well as through context within written articles.
- Students will digitally share information and documents.
- Students will use the internet to locate articles involving their word.
- Distribute "The Most Dangerous Game" handout
- The 5 steps involved are relatively self explanatory; once they get following document, you are out of the loop until they need to get you the final product.
- Because it is the PROCESS and not the content that is important here, you could use vocabulary from any story; I chose Richard Connell’s The Most Dangerous Game.
- If all goes according to plan, NO paper will be generated by this project.
Sunshine State Standards
- L.A.A. 1.3.1
- L.A.A. 2.3.1
- L.A.B. 2.3.1
- L.A.B. 2.3.4
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Students demonstrate a sound understanding of the nature and operation of technology systems.
- Students are proficient in the use of technology.
- Students use technology tools to enhance learning, increase productivity, and promote creativity.
- Students use productivity tools to collaborate in constructing technology-enhanced models, prepare publications, and produce other creative works.
- Students use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information from a variety of sources.
- Computers with internet access
- Instant Messaging (IM)
- Microsoft Word or Appleworks
- This activity can be altered and completed with a variety of grade levels and computer availability.
Grade Level: 6-8